When People Ride Bikes, Good Things Happen
Since 2008 we donated 50 bicycles to excited and deserving kids!
"Is not only about living life more, but it is also about helping others who are less fortunate" Cycling in particular can be enjoyed as a lifelong activity that supports a healthy lifestyle. The 331 Crew offers unprecedented representation in cycling development activities.
Bicycling can help you live longer and better.
- Adolescents who bicycle are 48% less likely to be overweight as adults.
- For every 15-minute increase in daily moderate-to-vigorous physical activity a 12-year-old has, they have a 10% reduction in fat mass at age 14.
- The average U.S. child eats 165 calories more than they burn per day.
Bicycling is for everyone
- Bicycling is the second most popular outdoor activity in the United States.
It's time to get kids riding. In just one U.S. generation:
- The percentage of kids who walk or bike to school has dropped from 50% to 15%.
- Childhood obesity has tripled.
Bikes 4 Kids program
The Bike's for Kids Program is a non-profit organization founded in 2007 that focuses on organizations such as foster care programs, that benefit local communities. 331 Racing contacts local Job and Family Services and the community selects a deserving, local family with children ages 8-13. The child will be presented a complete bike, helmet and accessories during our awards ceremony at each of our races.
BIKES FOR KIDS DETAILS
Click here to donate: Bikes-4-Kids
Camp Manatoc Cycling Merit Badge Program
Cycling Merit Badge: the 331 crew has raised over $10,000 for the Boyscout program at Camp Manatoc. The main focus is to help the Boy Scouts earn their cycling merit badge while working with cycling safety and promoting the sport of cycling and healthy life style. In 2008 a new skills area was developed to help the campers with basic off road cycling techniques and a new 1 mile trail was built around the cycling class room so the scouts can apply the techniques learned in the skills area.