The Thorn Trail Time Trial | July 21, 2013
STAGE #7 | OHIO POWER SERIES
The race of truth...man vs machine vs trail vs time vs mother nature. The 2nd off road time trial and stage #5 for The OHIO POWER SERIES pits racers not only against one another but against the clock. This is a single track mountain bike time trial.
Race day goodie bags include samples from: Chamois Butt'r, Clif Bar and more.
A PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY event: this eliminates the need to arrive early to register, then wait for your start time. Simply determine how much "warm up" time you need and pick up your number plate and pre-reg package anytime prior to your start time. We will release a master start time listing two days prior to the event on the 331 racing website. Thus no waiting in registration lines and then waiting an hour for your start time. Simply show up anytime prior to your start and grab your number plate and swag bag and proceed to the start line after you warm up. Start times will be based on standings for the OHIO Power Series. All other entries will be slotted based on the order of registration. Actual start times will be based on number of entries.
(Registration closes Thursday July 18th) Start list will be posted late night - July 20th
!!2012 START ORDER!! Master start list will be posted here prior to race day.
**EVENT WEATHER UPDATE: ** Check here for weather related information
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: **A PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY EVENT** see details tab
- Series Pass - $18.00 (pre-season purchase only)
- Online registration (early bird til July 11) $30.00 includes dinner ticket
- Online registration (July 12-July 18) - $30.00 + $5.00 dinner ticket option
- Race Day registration - none - pre-registration only
- ALL Juniors 18 & Under- $25.00
* as events continue to grow we have raised the day of race registration simply to encourage pre-registration. This enables us to prepare food orders, ensure accurate start times and avoid delays due to data processing of late participant entries. Pre-reg also gives us a direct line of communication in the event the race is delayed or canceled though the event email system.
Packet pick up/Sign-in - 10:30am to 11:59am
Race Start - 11:30 am
Master start list will be posted here prior to race day.
**A PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY EVENT **
The Thorn Mountain Bike Trail is in Findley State Park. Located not in Findley Ohio, but just 2 miles south of Wellington, 50 minutes SW of Cleveland.
The North Coast Mountain Bikers developed the "Thorn" 7 years ago and it now proudly stands as a 9 mile loop that weaves through mature wooded area as you make your way around Findley Lake. Each section offering different challenges, from short technical climbs, fast winding flats, even tight twisty stuff that will keep your reflexes on top of their game and a coaster section is a favorite of many. This trail was designed so experts can get explosive workouts but also creates a "stepping stone" trail for the beginners. Spend a weekend because there's camping with some sites located next to sections of the Thorn Mountain Bike Trail.
- Thorn Trail Map - MTB PROJECT.com
- Thorn Trail Time Trial Map - Findley State Park
- Findley State Park Website
- OMBA Trail Review - Findley
- Rules and Regulations | Mountain Bike
OFFICIAL RACE DAY PHOTOGRAPHY
All Mountain Imaging PHOTOS