Why we ride!
Why we ride!
There's nothing quite like the joy that comes from riding a bike. Whether it be on pavement, through dirt, or over rocks. Hopping on a bike is one of life's simple pleasures. Bikes are a way to get around town, to relax, to have adventures, and to stay happy and healthy. - peopleforbikes.org
Simply put, we believe that life is far more enjoyable when it's experienced on two wheels. We believe that by coming together, we can make our world a better place to ride.
Bicycling is for everyone
- Bicycling is the second most popular outdoor activity in the United States.
Bicycling can help you live longer and better.
- Adolescents who bicycle are 48% less likely to be overweight as adults.
- For every 15-minute increase in daily moderate-to-vigorous physical activity a 12-year-old has, they have a 10% reduction in fat mass at age 14.
- The average U.S. child eats 165 calories more than they burn per day.
It's time to get kids riding. In just one U.S. generation:
- The percentage of kids who walk or bike to school has dropped from 50% to 15%.
- Childhood obesity has tripled.
When People Ride Bikes, Good Things Happen
See the menu to the right for more information or individual links below.
331 Progression Sessions
Join us every week during the summer, starting in June for free weekly youth clinics where we'll work on a few skills, tricks and techniques and then head out on the trail to put the skills to use.
The Ohio Interscholastic Racing League
In an effort to reach out to families and encourage cycling as an active lifestyle for all ages the OIRL was formed in 2013. The Ohio Interscholastic Racing League is an interscholastic high school mountain bike race series that is coordinated by 331 Racing and sanctioned by USA Cycling. The 5-race series is open to ANY high school in Ohio. Ohio was approx the 10th state to join other progressive High School racing programs in California, Colorado, Michigan and others.
OHIO INTERSCHOLASTIC RACING LEAGUE
To introduce the regions youth to the skills required for trail riding and racing, we are providing youth mountain bike clinics (Progression Sessions) at various locations weekly during the summer. Combining experienced instructors with family participation, our efforts have been a huge success.